Monday, January 18, 2010

Demanding roommates



"I want tacos, and chips and salsa, and ice cream for lunch. Pleeeeeeeease!"
- Michelle Knopf.

Can't wait to live with this cookie monster! I love you, but you're crazy. Well anyway, she came over for lunch today, and like a good human, I gave in to her demands and cooked her a glorious Mexican feast.

I made fresh salsa and ground beef tacos. I wasn't about to make ice cream though, so she sat and ate Ben & Jerry's while I cooked. What a good helper.

Homemade Salsa:

4 tomatoes
1/2 jalapeno (I left the seeds in but if you can't handle the heat leave them out!)
1/4 white onion
handful of fresh cilantro
salt & pepper

Throw all of this into the food processor and vuala, fresh salsa! Yum!



I was going to blog how to make the tacos, but I'm tired haha. I think the key to this recipe was the fresh salsa, and frying the taco shells myself... so much better than those packaged taco shells!

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love your blog. You rock. Keep on keeping on sister. And come visit me this weekend in LA. ok sounds great! (You can teach me some great cooking skills!)

    ReplyDelete