Monday, January 4, 2010

Breakfast Burritos- The breakfast of champions.



I LOVE BREAKFAST BURRITOS! Don't you?!

I really love breakfast burritos though. To the point that I struggle to order anything else whenever I go to a new breakfast joint. I am on the endless search for the perfect breakfast burrito. The current champ is at BC Burrito in Hawaii, it is God sent I think, or maybe Pedro sent, I'm not sure.

The point is, I can't make a breakfast burrito that delicious. But I can make a runner up...


Ingredients:

2 eggs
2 strips of bacon
1 flour tortilla
grated cheddar cheese
salsa
1 peeled potato
salt & pepper
seasoned salt
Oil
- I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil, but any will do.


Cooking Instructions:


First, poke holes in the potato with a fork and stick in the microwave for 1:20 seconds.

Use two separate frying pans for this dish, One little and one medium sized.
In the medium sized pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. In the smaller pan, add the 2 eggs beaten together with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat and scramble until well cooked, 3-4 minutes. Remove both bacon and eggs from heat, and place both in a bowl together, breaking up the bacon into small bits.

Chop up the potato into 1/2 inch pieces and add to a pan with a little oil. Add seasoned salt and cook over medium high heat for 2-4 minutes, or until the potatoes are a slightly browned. Remove from heat.

Using the medium size skillet over medium heat, place the tortilla inside filled with a little cheddar cheese. Once the cheese starts to melt, mix the eggs, potatoes and bacon together and throw it on the the tortilla. Add salsa on top and fold the tortilla over to form a burrito.


Dear followers, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment