Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Spicy Bacon, Potato & Leak Soup


This past week I met two publishers.  I shared my book idea with them, and both loved it!  I don't think I could have gotten more of a hint to finish then if baby Jesus came down and slapped me in the face himself.  So, I heard you.  I'm finishing my book in 2013, and it will be on shelves or online by 2014.  

1st recipe of the new year... Spicy Bacon, Potato & Leak Soup!

Ingredients

6 red gold potatoes
3 cups chicken broth
2 leaks
1 jalapeño
Pack of bacon
5 tablespoons cream cheese
Olive oil

Spices

Sriracha
Salt
Pepper
Red pepper flakes

Cook It

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot.  Add peeled potates and let cook 30 minutes.    

While that cooks slice your leaks into thin strips and chop up the jalapeño.  Place in a baking dish and coat with a layer of olive oil.  Cook this in the oven until golden brown, around 10 minus.



Once potatoes are done cooking, remove them from chicken broth and chop into bite size chunks.  Throw potatoes, leaks, jalapenos, and chicken broth into a blender or food processor.  Most likely you will need to do 1/2 then the other half.  Blend until smooth.



Put mixture back into big pot.  Add cream cheese & spices.  Stir until cream cheese is well blended.

Serve with crispy strips of chopped bacon!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment