Monday, November 2, 2009

Mama's classic: chicken, broccoli & salad



This has to be the simplest recipe in the book...so easy my mom can do it. And she has, every night of my life since I can remember. I'm pretty sure this is what inspired my creativity in the kitchen, I wanted something new for once! And once I realized cooking can be fun and exciting, I was hooked.


Here's how she did it...

Ingredients:


2 boneless/ skinless (one per person) chicken breasts
1 head of broccoli
1/2 head of romaine lettuce
2 tomatoes
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper
Shredded parmesan cheese
Seasoned salt

Cooking Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Cover a baking sheet with tin foil. Place the chicken breasts on the baking sheet and season evenly with seasoned salt & pepper. Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 26 minutes.

Chop the broccoli into bite sized pieces. If you are reading my posts, you will have read previously how to steam veggies (That's you, Heather). So steam the broccoli for about 10 minutes.

For the salad: chop the lettuce and tomatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar & toss.


See, even the directions are simple.

Happy eating!

Steph





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Recipe looks great. Include some pictures of this yummyness (put those photography skills to work!)I'm proud of you for posting. Keep 'em coming

    ReplyDelete